2014-06-02

Getting back the terminal border in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have set my gnome-terminal colors green on black (easy for my eyes).

Unfortunately the gnome-terminal application in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS does not have a border by default, making it difficult for me to get hold of the boundary of overlapping terminal windows, especially I have set my background to black as well (to conserve battery life).

Assuming Ambiance is the active theme, the following change is how I get the terminal border back:

$ vim /usr/share/themes/Ambiance/gtk-3.0/apps/unity.css

change:

UnityDecoration {
    -UnityDecoration-extents: 28px 0 0 0;

to:

UnityDecoration {
    -UnityDecoration-extents: 28px 1px 1px 1px;


2 comments:

Anamaeka said...

I have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS w. Ambience. I followed your directions, and there was no effect on the borders of my Terminal app window. Still no borders... Any trouble-shooting suggestions?

Unknown said...

@Anamaeka switch to another theme and back to radiance